Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 1 with Braces...

Today I woke up with a little pain but nothing too bad. I figured there wasn't any point in brushing my teeth until after I ate breakfast because they were just going to get food stuck in them and I'd have to clean them again. Once I finished eating scrambled eggs for breakfast and cleaning my teeth afterwards, I was definitely feeling the pain and tenderness of the braces.

A couple hours later at work, the pain was bad enough that I took a couple Advil. I'm not one who's fond of taking medication but I wasn't able to focus at work due to the constant tooth-achy pain.


By the time I got home from work today, the pain was still prominent so I ate a small dinner and lounged around for the rest of the day, taking a small nap to help the painful evening go by a little quicker. Since I am missing a bracket on a bottom tooth, the arch wire has quite a distance from one bracket to the other, leaving a bare wire that seems as sharp as one of those wire cutters you use to cut cheese. The inside of my bottom lip is being cut up by the arch wire so I've had to get crafty on figuring out how to cover it with wax. I've also had to place wax on one of the very back molar brackets since it's causing a sore. I'm already noticing that the tooth without a bracket attached is falling behind and not in line with the rest of my front bottom teeth anymore; I can't believe shifting is already occuring...even on day 1.

Before going to bed, I did my routine of using the Waterpik, brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash, applying wax, then applying Chapstick however this time, I used Crest Glide Threader Floss for flossing which totally rocks! It's a pre-cut piece of floss that has a stiff end that makes it easy to feed the floss under the arch wire. It cut down flossing time by 50%!!

No comments:

Post a Comment